Monday 18 January 2010

Queensland is Killing Bunnies!

















































I'm up in the middle of the night again with too much running around my head and a very lousy cold that keeps drowning me in the nasal excretions! I thought I would make myself useful and play on email and Facebook and low and behold I learn of the animal atrocities taking place in the so-called civilised country that is Australia.

The state of Queensland has made it illegal to own a pet rabbit. Anyone caught with one will be fined AUS$30k and have their beloved companion put to sleep. This is all because the farmers, especially, have a problem with wild critters eating crops and spreading disease. But this is restrcted to wild rabbits and certainly ahs buggar all to do with domestic pet rabbits, especially if they are neutered and vaccinated. Moreover, they could not exist in the wild if they were let loose - they'd be eaten!

Can you imagine if you shared your life with a bunny and it fell ill and you couldn't seek treatment to help them? I genuinely can't. My bunnies are my life, they are reason why I do this job.

Still don't get it? Well, above are pics of just some of the bunnies I have shared my home and heart with over the last few years - now try agreeing that they should be euthanized.

Please sign the petition at: www.petitiononline.com/bunny/